sinusitis - natural remedies
Chronic sinusitis affects millions of people annually and is one of the most frequent chronic affections. Symptoms may include headache, breathing difficulties nasal, sensitivity to the cheeks, pain behind the eyes, runny nose or post nasal leaks, sinus congestion.
Acute sinusitis lasts less than 4 weeks. In most cases, this is caused by a virus and is preceded by a common cold .
Chronic sinusitis may be caused by upper respiratory tract infections, allergies, deviated septum or other anatomical conditions, fungi and is recurrent and lasts more than 12 weeks.
This is a zone of debate. Many adherents of conventional medicine considered that some food sensitivities does not determine sinus congestion or sinusitis, although this is an often seen approach to alternative medicine practitioners.
Targeted food can be the milk, oranges, sugar and wheat, because they consider that these foods stimulate mucus formation. About sugar, these medicine experts, say that is a food negative with effect on body function.
The nasal irrigation, rinsing of sinus or sinus lavage is a simple alternative procedure recommended by practitioners to ameliorate chronic sinusitis. Nasal irrigation is a procedure that can be done at home and involves the use of a salt water (of sea) for rinsing and emptying of nasal cavites.
Although nasal irrigation is often recommended by doctors especially in the case post-nasal leakage and to prevent allergic rhinitis (often called high fever or allergies) and sinus infections; is also used and in alternative medicine for the same affections being a general practice for preventing and cleaning.
Fortunately, there are immediate measures as safe and natural alternative to use medicines.
1. Studies have demonstrated that up to 70% of patients with chronic sinusitis have environmental allergies. So it is logical to try to avoid, if possible, passive smoking, the gases of traffic, dry air and chemical substances from own house or workplace. Should be removed the dust particles from the house by vacuuming frequently carpets.
2. Moderate physical exercises help to boost immunity. Even walking for 30 minutes by 3-4 times a week can be very efficient - although it should avoided walks outdoors when in the environment quantity of pollen is raised because this factor may exacerbate the problem.
3. Eliminate from diet, the foods with potential allergen and which favors the creation of mucus, like eggs, fried or fatty foods, sugar, pasta, beer, chocolate and any other food which have in composition additives.
4. Consume more products that clear the sinuses and helps liquefy mucus. These include foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, salads, fish and chicken broth hot. Foods that are known to be highly beneficial are garlic, onion, chilli, ginger, horseradish, mustard and pineapple.
5. Drink daily 2-3 liters of mineral or flat water, hot herbal teas and drinks which have in composition lemon.
6. For fast ameliorate of symptoms, mix one teaspoon of fresh grated horseradish or root with the lemon juice, hot water and the sweeten up with little honey, drink the mixture slowly.
7. Inhalation is a practiced way and tested to unclog the blocked sinuses. Add 10 drops of Olbas Oil to a bowl of water having the temperature similar to the one of boiling, cover your head with a towel, close your eyes and inhale the steam emitted, for 10 minutes.
8. The nasal washing is an old treatment. It dissolves half of a teaspoon of salt in a cup of hot water, keep covered one of the nostrils, and then try to pull the fluid on the opposite nostril. Repeat then the operation and use other nostril.